Self Assessment/ Personal Tax Return
Time is fast running out to submit your Self Assessment Tax Return to HM Revenue & Customs this year. If you miss the 31st January deadline you'll be fined, and worse, your chances of a costly investigation increase substantially.
When it comes to tax returns you can benefit from our personal service which includes:
- Getting your tax return completed accurately and on time
- Ensures you pay only the tax you owe - not a penny more
- Files your return online
- Please sign an engagement letter and authoirsation your client form with SAC to authorise us to process your personal tax return.
- If you haven’t received a request to file a tax return from HMRC and you owe tax then as a matter of urgency call us so we talk on your behalf to HMRC to enquire about the reason.
- We will prepare your tax return based on the information you have provided.
- We will send you the completed return for you to sign and return back to us, so that we can submit on line
- There are penalties and interest charges if your self-assessment misses the 31st January 2016 deadline which HMRC will impose quite strictly. There is a £100 penalty if the return is 1 day late and there will be another 5% surcharge if the tax is still due 30 days after the 31st Jan 2016 dead line.
- Our fees vary between £100 to £400.
- Please send us the information we require by 30th Nov 2015, or preferably earlier only for online filing.
- If you send us the information we require after 30th Dec 2015, there will be an increased fee of £50.
Please note: HMRC have been brought forward the deadline for paper based Self-Assessment submissions to 31st October. If you file electronically, however, then the deadline remains 31st January.
- All directors’ needs to file a tax return, if you became a director during 06th April12 to 5th April 13 then this is relevant to you.
- You need to prepare a tax return if you have rental income or anything other on which you haven’t paid tax this includes bank interest income.
- Email us if you would like us to do your self-assessment for 2014_15
- Email or send the information we need. Have a look at the detailed questionnaire attached. Complete as much as possible and relevant to you. Provide all the documents requested.
- Please let us have copies of your PAYE coding notices for 2014_15
- Please note, when you pay your self-assessment tax liability, if you have one, then this is a personal cost and should not be paid from your limited company
- Please send us a copy of your 2014_15 tax return, if this was not filed by us last year, as this will help us with this year’s return.
- We will calculate your personal tax liability from the information you provide
- We will file your tax return to HMRC and make sure that it is received by HMRC on time, assuming the above deadlines are met
- We will reply to HMRC on your behalf should they require further information.
- We will offer you some tax planning options to reduce tax if they are applicable